2011年4月29日金曜日

長島さんレポート110429

Dear Friends 29 April

I got a letter from Kikue Kumagai, one of the members of Sendai Church.

https://picasaweb.google.com/thomas.nagashima/ALetter20110429#5600935935269270738
I was worrying about her, because she lived in Soma and she is 90 years old.
Soma is the northpart seacoast area of Fukushima prefecture.
But I have been trying to contact with her, I could hear only the ring-back tone.

She wrote as below...


********************************************************************
Dear Nagashima

I give praise to the Lord.
More than forty days passed after the terrible earthquake and tsunami.
I'm frightened by the afterquakes everyday.
How are you?
I appreciate your thoughtful letter.

Just after I came back home from the dental clinic, the earthquake occured on March 11.
Suddenly I felt my house began to quake and everything dropped down as there were no places to step in the room.
I was so scared that I did not even lift the little finger.
A little later I rushed to my child's house leaving the room undisturbed.
From then I kept watching the TV news about the earthquake, tsunami and nulear plant.
I got worried and couldn't pray to God.
But it's the private affairs, I was worring about my grandchild whose office was near the Sendai airport.
I couldn't contact with him .
His office sank to upstairs in the water.
He escaped alive with nothing.
Because he didn't have any transportation, he came back to home of Soma walking more than 50km(30miles) on Marh 13th.
I couldn't stop crying from happiness.
A lot of the peaople are doing their best even they lost their houses amd families.
I feel sorry for them and I can't become all happy about my grandchild.
A few days ago, my child took me to the area which was affected by tsunami.
It takes only 20 minutes by the auto car.
I saw nothing except one auto car left and the rubbles on the rice field.
It was too close to our house to accept the view for me.
I came back to home even though the afterquakes and the nuclear plant make me fear.
I hope the nuclear plant get better as quickly as possible.
I pray from the heart the peace comming to us.
Take care of yourself and hope God bless you.

April 25th
Kikue Kumagai

********************************************************************

Her letter made me happy.

Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.
Romans 12:15 (New International Version, c2011)

Shinji Nagashima