2011年4月5日火曜日

長島さんレポート20110404




Dear Friends 4 April

At the beginning, I must tell you the good news.
The city gas came to my house today.
I recieved the emails from my two students whom I have been worrying about.
One is the student whom I wrote about in the report "From Sendai7".
She wrote ..
It's been a while.
How are you teacher?
I'm fine.
My house had the damege , but my family member are fine.
I shall do my best of my ability.
Teacher, take care of yourself from catching a cold.
And another student was working at the Sendai harbor when the earthquake occured.
He wrote..
It's been a while.
I'm sorry to be late replying.
All members of my family are safe.
We had a little damage on our house.
Our factory was struck by tsunami.
Now I'm taking a furlough.
I heard that tsunami came near the college.
Are you safe?
and I could get gasoline without getting in line today.
I got the Wakabayashi district in Sendai together with my daughter Hanako today.
https://picasaweb.google.com/thomas.nagashima/Wakabayashi20110404#
Wakabayashi district had been the beautiful coast area countryside at low altitudes.
Tsunami came at landward more than three miles from the seacoast.
We tried to get the house of one of our relatives.
But we couldn't because some roads were closed to traffic.
I remenber the beautiful view of harvest time there.
Now I can see only the desert.
The rice fields were covered with the sand of sea.
Many people were caught by tsunami.
One of my relatives died on 11 March.
You can see the highway in the photos.
This highway stopped the tsunami.
A few people climbed the bank of this highway.
They saved their lifes.
But the people who evacuated to the primary school died.
This primary school had been designated as the evacuation center of this district.
The daily life of downtown of Sendai began as same before.
And I don't know when the recovery of the beautiful countryside comes.

Shinji Nagashima