2011年7月31日日曜日

長島さんレポート110728

Dear Friends 28 July

First of all, I pray for all victims of the national tragedy in Norway.
It's difficult to understand why such a terrible tragedy occured.
I hope the recovery from grief.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
A few days ago, my daughter found three kittens and their mother cat in the backyard.
We know the mother cat Elisabeth (we ever named her so) well for years.
After a little, my daughter found only one kitten left there.
But we waited for Elisabeth to come back for hours, she didn't.
We decided to take care of the kitten.
We named this ketten Kinako.
Kinako must be a couple of weeks old because she was only four hundreds gram weight.
We went to the pet store to get some milk for kittens.
Kinako kept crying through that night.
In the next morning, I put the box in which Kinako was in it near the window.
Just after I put the box, I found Elisabeth outside the window.
Elisabeth looked steadily at Kinako.
I put Kinako outside and Elisabeth carried Kinako in her mouth.
Kinako was only one night guest for us.
But we never forget her.
Even one stray kitten we love it.
People who lost thier lovers must be filled with grief.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
One graduate visited me last week.
He asked my advice about his job.
He is an engineer of the air conditioner maker.
After we discussed for a few hours, I noticed something odd in his attitude.
He was out of work.
When the earthquake occured, he was staying in his hometown, Shichigahama.
Tsunami came near his house.
He is now under a doctor's care of department of psychosomatic medicine.
He explained that it was difficult for him to get the beach near his house.
He is commimng back to his job in Tokyo next month.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Some freshmans come to see me every week.
We talk about everything which occured in the last week and about study.
One student lost his house by tsunami.
His father rented an apartment house in his hometown.
When he and his brother went home on the weekend, he had to stay the night in the small room together with his parents and his brother.
This apartment house was hit by tsumani too.
He told me that he wanted to come back to the house which was swept away.
Many students go home in the summer season.
They must confront the hard reality again.
Hope God bless them.

Kitten 2011/7/28

From Sendai

Shinji Nagashima