2011年11月16日水曜日

長島さんレポート20111116

Dear Friends 15 November

Do you remember the next article I sent in the From Sendai 13 ?

*****
Dear Friends
15 April
.......
I found a sheet of letter and a bag vegetables in it at my office today.
One of my students who graduated from my college last month wrote this letter.
He met the sudden death of his father last February.
Because his father was a farmer, my student began to prepare for the rice planting for his father.
But he lost his farm a lot after the terrible tsunami.
He wrote in his letter.

"Teacher Nagashima
These are the vegetables my father grew."
*****

Mr. Miura visited to my office today with muddy boots.
He brought some harvests as a gift for me.
Rice , onions and long green onions.
They are the first harvests Mr. Miura grew for his father after the tsunami.
Because he lost his farm around the coast, these harvests were grown on the inward farm.
As soon as he graduated from my college, he became a farmer.
I said to him "You are happy! You have a surviving farm."
He said "I had a hard time this year because I lost my father whom I depend on when I met the difficulties.
I have to enjoy his gift from my heart.

Haevest

fromsendai

God bless you!
Shinji Nagashima