2011年4月9日土曜日

長島さんレポート110409





Dear Friends 9 April

I visited the Tagajyo volunteer center and the area stricken by disaster with some staffs of Kinki Evangelical Lutheran Church three days ago.
https://picasaweb.google.com/thomas.nagashima/Shichigahama_Wakabayashi20110406#
This is the second time I visited Shichigahama and Wakabayashi after the disaster.
I felt only the tragedy the last time.
But I felt beautiful view from there in this time.
Indeed we can see the peaceful and beatiful sea except the containers.
And we can easily imagine the peaceful fishing harbor if it didn't had the damege.
Please imagine the beautiful Japan.
We have to get back it someday.
But I felt the sea was peaceful, I couldn't sit down there.
I kept standing.
I felt the fear of comming the tsunami then.
The residents there must have the same feeling.

We had the giant earthquake at midnight again two days ago.
I thought our house must have collapsed.
The electric power broken down again one day.
We got scared in the dark and listened to the radio.
Just after the earthquake, we filled the bathtub with much water.
We felt this earthquake was begger than that occured the last time.
In fact, the roads around here had the bigger damages.
Four weeks passed from the first earthquake yesterday.
We had a lot of smaller earthquakes.
We are in the middle of the disaster.

I forgot the title of the movie which I watched when I was the highschool student.
Two men apeared in the movie.
One was planinng to get revenge against the aonother.
The man who was planning to get revenge took the another into the desert as a guide.
The another man didn't know that his guide wanted to harm him.
The man who was planning to get revenge intentionally shed the water in his canteen into the sand.
The another man shared his water with the man who intended to harm him.
The man who was planning to get revenge died after getting stung by a scorpion.
The man who was left roamed through the desert looking for the oasis.
He surmounted hills believing he could encounter the oasis.
The camera showing his back was gradually climbing upward.
I could see the infinitely large desert on the screen.
Honestly speaking, I can find a man in myself who feels the fear from the news about the nuclear plant.
I feel that the news are like the hills of the large desert.
Everyday I check if the radiation level is low enough here.
The only thing we can do is believing.

Please continue to pray for us.

Shinji Nagashima