2011年4月15日金曜日

長島さんレポート110415

Dear Friends 15 April

He is one of my first students.
I was worring about him , because his house was only 240 yards
 away from the harbor Miyako.
He is really the part of my younger days.
I found his name by means of the Google person finder.
He and his family evacuated to the primary school near his house.
I sent him a double postcard.
He wrote in his reply card as "We are all safe.
But I lost a lot, I feel like trying. We have all we need....".
He had been runnimg a liquor shop before the earthquake.
He lost his shop.
I called him at his number which was written on his card.
When I heard his voice, I couldn't stop my tear from overflow.
His voice was that I heard when we were young.

I found a sheet of letter and a bag vegetables in it at my office today.
One of my students who graduated from my college last month wrote this letter.
He met the sudden death of his father last February.
Because his father was a farmer, my student began to prepare for the rice planting for his father.
But he lost almost all his farm after the terrible tsunami.
He wrote in his letter.

"Teacher Nagashima
These are the vegetables my father grew."


I have students I couldn't contact with.
The only thing I can do now is believing.

Lutheran Volunteer Center was open in our church.
Pastor Koizumi and volunteers started their activity.

Pray for their support project and my students.

Shinji Nagashima



From Sendai1

Fron Sendai2

From Sendai3

From Sendai4

From Sendai5

From Sendai6

From Sendai7

From Sendai8

From Sendai9

From Sendai10

From Sendai11

From Sendai12

From Sendai13