2011年5月15日日曜日

長島さんレポート110514

Dear Friends 14 May

The first week of the new school term has passed.
I took a rest today.
I gave some lectures and run the seminars every day.
One of my semianr students looks depressed.
He lives in Watari town.
He told me that the tsunami came just near his house.
His house itself wasn't affected by tsunami.
I tried to encourage him.
He said "Oh I'm ok" having a smile on his face.
But as soon as he replyed, the smile on his face disappeared.
He seems not to want to talk about the disaster.
I decided not to listen to him further details.

I found Mr.Abe checking the bulletin board in the campus.
I talked with him about the scholarship.
Mitsubishi Corporation offered 100,000 yen every month for five hundreds of affected students.
It's when I was talking with Mr.Abe that one student who was next to Mr.Abe asked me about the scholarship with an eager look on his face.
I passed him the leaflet.
He told me that his house was terribly affected by tsunami.
He lives in Higashi Matsushima town which is one of the towns attacked by tsunami.

I didn't notice that there were traumatized students.
One freshman student talked me that his car was swept away.
He had a smile on his face.
But he might be deeply hurt mentally.

Today I went see the doctor to get the drug to reduce cholesterol.
He said "You look tired" watching me blowing out a breath.
I noticed I was hurt mentally a little.
I was supposed to get back the daily life in my college.
But it must take long-term to get back the daily life for the students and me.
You can read the all articles of From Sendai from below webstite.
fromsendai

Shinji Nagashima