2011年5月26日木曜日

長島さんレポート110525

Dear Friends 25 May

The college students are seemingly fine, but they have difficulties.
They have unusually a few companies seeking workers.
I keep encouraging them.

The dormitory students had some troubles with the manager.
I talked with the students and with the manager individually.
I understood what the students meant, but I didn't understand what the manager meant.
The manager is usually a good-natured man.
Recently he gets angry easily.
He seems to be getting stressed out.
He posted much rules on the wall of the entrance.
I found the next words on the poster.
"Learn these rules perfectlty"
I made him remove it and talked an episode about William Smith Clark.
William Smith Clark was the first president of Sapporo agricultural college.
He is famous for his words "Boys, be ambitious!".

http://www.massachusetts.edu/presidents/clark.html

He stayed in Sapporo only one year.
But the first students who were influenced from him were baptized.
The first students designed the rules of life in the dormitory and asked for Clark's instructions.
William Smith Clark told them that they didn't need such a rulrs.
And he said. "The only thing you need is being gentleman."

I love taking photos.
But I became busy on my job.
I took some photos in the morning and at dusk.
I was shocked a little.
I saw a lot of rice fields with no planted rices.

People seem to got the body blow from the disaster.

https://picasaweb.google.com/thomas.nagashima/MorningAndDusk20110525?#

You can read the all articles of From Sendai from below webstite.
fromsendai
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/316285/church/fromsendai.html

Shinji Nagashima