2011年5月29日日曜日

長島さんレポート110526

Dear Friends 29 May

It was about twenty years ago that I had a seminar student in wheel chair.
He met the traffic accident when he was the second-year student.
He managed to keep alive.
But he was rendered paraplegic.
He taught me what his father told him in the bed.
"Great! You are alive!"
Because some buildings in Tagajo campus had no elevator, we used to carried him with his wheel chair up to the fourth floor to attend the class.
He needed four people to get the classrooms on the fourth floor.
I felt I was a friend who lowered the mat the paralyzed man was lying on (Mark 2:1-12).
Indeed he made us gentle.
He needed supports from us.
But actually we needed him more.
I never forget him and that college year.
One reason is that I was happy with gentle students and the another reason is that I lost my son in this college year.

Three weeks passed from the beging of this college year.
I noticed that my seminar students are gentle like twenty years ago.
I think the people who have sufferings or difficulties make us gentle.
We need to appreciate the people who have sufferings or difficulties now.

Today Rev. Huhtinen who is the mission director of SLEY and his wife attended the Sunday worship.
They visited us from Finland.
They had been working more than ten years in Japan as missionaries.
They worry about their friend who lives in Yuriage district Natori city.
Mrs. Huhtinen sang a hymn in the service.
The beautiful and transparent voice filled us with gratitude for God.
I appreciate their visiting and their great gift i.e. an apron with Moomin on it. haha

Worship2011/05/29

You can read the all articles of From Sendai from below webstite.
fromsendai

Shinji Nagashima