2011年11月14日月曜日

長島さんレポート20111113

Dear Friends 13 November

Sorry! It's been a while.
How are you and your family doing?
I'm fine.

I'm enjoying my life, being busy with my job, Sunday worship in church.
Some students keep visiting to me every week.
One of them let me see a photo book which the residents in Kesennuma took.
It moved me because they themselves took their town.
We talked about the local cuisine and foods of each hometown.
Apple , fish, rice...
I was born in Toyama, midde part of Japan.
It snows much in winter.
I love sea foods in Toyama.
The student from Kesennuma said "I have been eating much sauries".
Kesennuma had a great fishery harbour before the earthquake.

The volunteers of lutheran emergency relief keep their activities.
Now the people in the evacuation centers moved to their each temporary houses.
But many of the houses were built in the area far from towns.
We are worrying about the coldness in the temporary houses.
The victims need psychological support.

Sirkka-Liisa Huhtinen and Sirpa Laurila form Finland together with Syuhei Ozawa visited the college dormitory the day after yesterday.
They had a mini concert.
It was a great time.
Sirkka-Liisa and Syuhei sang hymns and Sipra had a good speech.
Students sang Finlandia composed by Sibelius.

They had a concert in the temporary houses in Higashimatsushima yesterday and today they attended the Sunday worship in Sendai church.
Worship in Sendai Church

Concert in Asahigaoka Dormitory
Movie
Photo

Worship in Sendai Church
Photo


God bless you!
Shinji Nagashima