2012年3月14日水曜日

長島さんレポート120313

Dear Friends 13 March 2012

One year has gone by since the terrible earthquake occuured.
We had the one year worship in Sendai church on 11th March.
Pastor Fumio Itoh who has been dispatched to "Lutheran Neighbors"
preached a sermon.
We consecrate the prayers cards which were sent from all sides in the worship.
And we prayed for the victims.
The government-sponsored memorial ceremony took place in Tokyo.
I watched it on TV.
Three representatives of the family of victims made speeches in it.
One of them lost her father, husband, son and daughter.
She made a speech softly.
I was deeply touched by her tragedy.
But this story is only a fraction of tragedies.
Many victims endure in silence.
We have to lay eyes on it.

The volunteer staffs of Lutheran emergency relief are having informal get-togethers at the temporary houses.
One of the problems is dying solitary death in temporary houses.
We believe that the condition of Fukushima nuclear plant is stable.
But I feel it isn't well controlled.

Mr. Sasaki who was a student one year ago visited to my office yesterday.
I let him stay with my family for five days just after the earthquake.
He is a graduate of Nagoya University now.
He was accompanied by his sister.
She is going to enter the faculty of engineering of our university from the next April.
We had a happy time for one hour.
The young person have futures and hopes.

I went shopping at the electronics shop in Tagajo city to buy something yesterday.
Many people was sacrificed there.
We can watch the movie form Youtube.



Rubble was cleaned up.
But the restaurant I used to go was removed.
The bookstore I used to go remains as it was when it was destroyed.
Many factories remain as they were too.
We have the new semester from the next April.
I prepared sermons for the college worship in the orientation.
We get along step by step.

Tagajo2012_3_12


Amen
fromsendai


God bless you!

Shinji Nagashima